Digger on Windows 10
Octavius
2017-11-17 21:41:31 UTC
Hi all. I have a copy of Digger that I was able to run perfectly on
Windows 7 Professional using a Virtual Machine. I was forced to upgrade
to Windows 10, and now cannot seem to find the same type of setup. Does
anyone know whether I can run Digger on Windows 10?
--
John Maher
jstt dot 3820 at bigpond dot com

---
http://www.avg.com
Ray Hayes
2017-11-17 23:18:05 UTC
Hi John,

I understand that the free Windows Virtual PC available for Windows 7
was not included in Windows 10.

However there are third party software vendors who provide software that
achieves a similar and better functionality.

I use VMware Workstation 12, there was and probably still is a free
version, I purchased the paid version.

https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html

I run Windows 7 Professional 32 bit for Digger and other older software
that won't run directly in 64 bit versions of Windows in one virtual
machine, and Windows XP 32 bit in another.  You can install multiple
virtual machines assuming you have the original disks to install from.
You can allocate the amount of RAM and hard disk space for each virtual
machine, and allow access to shared folders on the hard drive etc..

Regards

Ray
http://www.avg.com
Octavius
2017-11-18 22:01:09 UTC
Hi all. Thanks to those who wrote to me personally regarding my
question. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I've been given some
ideas. Cheers to all.
Doug Laidlaw
2017-11-19 16:38:57 UTC
Post by Octavius
Hi all. I have a copy of Digger that I was able to run perfectly on
Windows 7 Professional using a Virtual Machine. I was forced to upgrade
to Windows 10, and now cannot seem to find the same type of setup. Does
anyone know whether I can run Digger on Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a hypervisor, but it is available only in the
Professional and Enterprise editions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

I haven't used VMware, but it should do the job. The player is free.

HTH,

Doug.