my family research
Dawn Stanford
2017-04-10 07:08:26 UTC
Hello
I am researching the Stanford, Oakley, Perrin, Prowse line on my husbands side and the Miller, Tiyce, Penfold Mead line on my side.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Dawn
Doug Laidlaw
2017-04-11 17:05:15 UTC
Post by Dawn Stanford
Hello
I am researching the Stanford, Oakley, Perrin, Prowse line on my husbands side and the Miller, Tiyce, Penfold Mead line on my side.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Dawn
More detail please. (A bit of Penfold's Mead sounds nice.) If you are
new to the game, get pointers from a local genealogical society.
Doug Laidlaw
2017-04-12 12:43:49 UTC
Post by Doug Laidlaw
Post by Dawn Stanford
Hello
I am researching the Stanford, Oakley, Perrin, Prowse line on my
husbands side and the Miller, Tiyce, Penfold Mead line on my side.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Dawn
More detail please. (A bit of Penfold's Mead sounds nice.) If you are
new to the game, get pointers from a local genealogical society.
Maybe I shouldn't have tried to be facetious. I was born with
depression and my wife is on holiday. The combination doesn't help. I
apologize.

But seriously, you have set your sights pretty high, especially if you
are a beginner. The first rule is to start with the two of you, and
work outwards from there. You can't start with somebody called
Stanford, for example, and work downwards to yourself. Any connection
with royalty or nobility is a plus. Even the woman on Ancestry.com
sporting a crown and a sword worked outwards. Several people in my line
have started with a Scottish viscount, but they have a baby born to
parents living on opposite coasts of Scotland.The ancestor who "gave" me
depression was an ordinary solicitor - or so we thought! It turned out
that he had been a political activist, and mentioned in Hansard (UK).

A subscription to Australian Family Tree Connections can help. The mag
is in the newsagents, but no longer comes out on the first of the month.
Many local libraries have it. For individual, personalized help,
nothing beats joining a genealogical society. They have local
knowledge, and are only too willing to help.

HTH,

Doug,
indexing for www.ryersonindex.org,
Now with over 6 Million records.