Old photos of homes
Pat Wade
2017-07-21 07:10:19 UTC
Hi all,

I am trying to work out who the people in a photo are. My best hope is to
first work out the house and therefore an address.

The photo is c. 1900s (give or take a little) and I am wondering if it could
possibly be 1 Peel St Ballarat - I know a family of Thomas's were there in
1891 and the next address I have for this family is 127 Napier St, Fitzroy
but this is 1919.

Is there any chance of a photo of either address on any site - any clues of
where to go to look?

Thank you
Pat
s***@zades.com.au
2017-07-21 07:18:29 UTC
Hi Pat,

What age is the house? It could be part of a Heritage Overlay in Ballarat - worth looking on the Council web site - I think they have their Heritage Studies online.

The Ballarat & District Historical Society and the Ballarat & District Family History Group are also good options.

Regards ... Susie Z
Pat Wade
2017-07-21 08:32:38 UTC
Thank you Susie and Judy.

Having a little trouble with Google earth - but have established that 1 Peel St N, Ballarat is now a business. That is ofcourse if the street numbering hasn't changed.

Had a look at Ballarat Heritage Database - which has "modern" pictures of some of these houses and some in Peel St, are very similar to what I am looking for. So at least I know it is possible that the family in the picture is Eliza Thomas and some of her children.