FLEMING Beatrice Regina NSW c1900
mushy6
2017-08-08 06:46:06 UTC
Hi Everyone
I am looking for any information for Beatrice Regina FLEMING.
The first info I have is her marriage in 1940 to Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH in Sydney and her later divorce from him. Clement was born in 1887.
I am looking for anything prior to 1940.
I have searched on Ancestry, National Archives, State Archives.
Births NSW QLD VIC SA. Running out of ideas.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan
Lindsay Graham
2017-08-08 06:57:08 UTC
Have you tried Trove, Jan? See trove.nla.gov.au/ -- best bet would probably be 'Digitised newspapers and more'.

Was she definitely born in Australia? If possibly UK-born, you could try FreeBMD at www.freebmd.org.uk/

Good luck.

Lindsay Graham, Canberra
Jan
mushy6
Hi Lindsay.. Yes I tried Trove .. will try FreeBMD.. thank you very much! Cheers
Alison
2017-08-08 12:29:21 UTC
Jan,

As a first off, I'd get a copy of her marriage certificate to Clement -
that should have details about her place and year of birth as well as
her parents' names.

Also, NSW State Records may have her divorce papers and which may be
accessible depending on when she divorced.

Have you checked NSW and other states marriage records as she may have
remarried.

Others have suggested Trove for any news reports.

Alison :-)
Sydney
--------------------------
Jan
dlbendigo
2017-11-10 14:18:42 UTC
Post by mushy6
Hi Everyone
I am looking for any information for Beatrice Regina FLEMING.
The first info I have is her marriage in 1940 to Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH in Sydney and her later divorce from him. Clement was born in 1887.
I am looking for anything prior to 1940.
I have searched on Ancestry, National Archives, State Archives.
Births NSW QLD VIC SA. Running out of ideas.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan
Alison, she is in Electoral Rolls in Nsw after 1940, not
remarried, but Jan wants earlier info.
dlbendigo
2017-11-10 13:54:11 UTC
Post by mushy6
Hi Everyone
I am looking for any information for Beatrice Regina FLEMING.
The first info I have is her marriage in 1940 to Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH in Sydney and her later divorce from him. Clement was born in 1887.
I am looking for anything prior to 1940.
I have searched on Ancestry, National Archives, State Archives.
Births NSW QLD VIC SA. Running out of ideas.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan
I notice that Ancestry has the spelling FAIRLEICH.

Doug.
Doug Laidlaw
2017-11-10 14:07:49 UTC
Post by dlbendigo
Post by mushy6
Hi Everyone
I am looking for any information for Beatrice Regina FLEMING.
The first info I have is her marriage in 1940 to Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH in Sydney and her later divorce from him. Clement was born in 1887.
I am looking for anything prior to 1940.
I have searched on Ancestry, National Archives, State Archives.
Births NSW QLD VIC SA. Running out of ideas.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan
I notice that Ancestry has the spelling FAIRLEICH.
Doug.
I just looked at the divorce list. It ends in 1923 and the letter F is
missing.
MargM
2017-11-10 22:02:02 UTC
I am looking for any information for Beatrice Regina FLEMING.
The first info I have is her marriage in 1940 to Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH in Sydney and her later divorce from him. Clement was born in 1887.
I am looking for anything prior to 1940.
I have searched on Ancestry, National Archives, State Archives.
Births NSW QLD VIC SA. Running out of ideas.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jan
I notice that Ancestry has the spelling FAIRLEICH.
Doug.
I just looked at the divorce list. It ends in 1923 and the letter F is
missing.

If you just go to NSW State Records head page you can search eg type in Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH divorce
and up pops http://tinyurl.com/ycgoco2d . Now you have dates. so check in Truth or SMH see if any more info

Magic !

MargM NSW

-------------------------------

---
Doug Laidlaw
2017-11-10 22:54:19 UTC
Post by MargM
If you just go to NSW State Records head page you can search eg type in Clement Arthur FAIRLEIGH divorce
and up popshttp://tinyurl.com/ycgoco2d . Now you have dates. so check in Truth or SMH see if any more info
Magic !
MargM NSW
So it was Clem's second divorce, although with a male co-respondent, the
first may not have been his fault. As a lawyer, I am really glad that
we ditched having to prove "matrimonial offences." The women parties
were pleased as well: no more dragging a man's name through the mud.

Doug.