Beagley
Percival P. Cassidy
2017-04-09 01:29:09 UTC
The first Beagleys to show up in the Victorian records are William and
Maria, who had a child born in 1853.

Does anyone know of -- or can anyone suggest where I might find out
about -- any connection between these Beagleys and the Hampshire (UK)
Beagleys?

The only William and Maria Beagley I see at ancestry.com settled in New
Zealand, not in Australia.

Perce
Lance Buckley
2017-04-09 04:58:35 UTC
Hi Perce,
Have a look at the Victorian Public Records Office for arrival in Australia.
Here is the website for unassisted passenger and assisted passenger
arrivals.
This might tell you when they arrived in oz.
Also check for the birth of child 1853 and should tell you where parents
came from.

https://www.prov.vic.gov.au/explore-collection/explore-topic/passenger-recor
ds-and-immigration

Regards,
Lance
***@bigpond.com

All messages scanned by Norton Security Premium 2016

2017-04-09 22:48:05 UTC
The immigration records tell me that William and Maria (both aged 23)
arrived from England in January 1853 on board the "Northumbria." Without
paying $24.60, all I see are the names of the parents and the child, and
the child's place of birth; would the image of the registration record
in fact tell me anything significant about the parents other than their
names (which I know already)?

Perce
Pauline Newell
2017-04-10 01:59:25 UTC
These records are now on Findmypast as well.

William was a 23 year old bricklayer. That is the only extra piece of information given..

Regards,

Pauline Newell
-------------------------------
Pauline Newell

-------------------------------
Phil
2017-04-10 03:53:14 UTC
Elizabeth Sarah Beagley
C of E St Peter's
R. 27827 /1883
Father William Beagley
Mother Maria
DOB 13/9/1852 Collingwood
Image poor quality.

Emily Beagley
C of E St Marks
R.21000/1854
Father William Beagley
Mother Maria
DOB 18/5/1854 Collingwood.

Ref Vic ECR

Query
-----
Surname : Beagley (58 matches)
Spouse Surname/Fathe : w* (217929 matches)
Spouse Gvn Names/Mot : m* (545441 matches)

Total matching records: 7
--------------------

Surname: BEAGLEY
Given Names: Elizabeth Sarah
Event: B
Spouse Surname/Father: William
Spouse Gvn Names/Mother: Maria
Age:
Sex: F
Birth Place: COLLINGWOOD
Death Place:
Year: 1853
Reg Number: 27827
Denomination: Church of England
Parish: ST PETERS, MELBOURNE
Fiche: 409

Surname: BEAGLEY
Given Names: Emily
Event: B
Spouse Surname/Father: William
Spouse Gvn Names/Mother: Maria
Age:
Sex: F
Birth Place: COLLINGWOOD
Death Place:
Year: 1854
Reg Number: 21000
Denomination: Church of England
Parish: ST MARKS, COLLINGWOOD
Fiche: 328

Philomena

Phil
2017-04-10 10:27:27 UTC
Error R 27827/1853

2017-04-13 22:40:12 UTC
Thank you, An "in another place" someone has provided evidence that it
was this couple who, with their children, left Australia for New Zealand.

So now to find the ancestor of all the Vic/SA Beagleys and see what
connection I can find between him and the Hampshire Beagleys.

Perce
Error R 27827/1853
-----Original Message----- From: Phil
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 1:53 PM