New Zealand lookup please: Frank BOYKETT
Doug Laidlaw
2006-02-10 12:26:22 UTC
Frank Boykett was born in 1885 in Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Vic, the
son of William Hebbert Boykett and Margaret Hollioak. I can find no
marriage in Victoria for him.

I am told that he went to New Zealand, and was the ancestor of the N.Z.
Boyketts there. Is there any record of him?

TIA,

Doug.
http://www.douglaidlaw.net/boykett/
David J Grimshaw
2006-02-11 03:14:10 UTC
Post by Doug Laidlaw
Frank Boykett was born in 1885 in Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Vic, the
son of William Hebbert Boykett and Margaret Hollioak. I can find no
marriage in Victoria for him.
I am told that he went to New Zealand, and was the ancestor of the N.Z.
Boyketts there. Is there any record of him?
TIA,
Doug.
http://www.douglaidlaw.net/boykett/
Hi Doug,
You ought to know better than ask a question that no one is going to
help you with, it is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.
I would recommend that you either supply more information to enable a
search that may give some results or contact the BOYKETT families in New
Zealand and find out from them if your theory is correct.
Other wise one is hunting for a needle in a hay stack between the years
1885 to 1995 and that is allot of hours looking at the NZ BMD micro
fiche index's.

The New Zealand white pages can be found at http://www.whitepages.co.nz
Mike
2006-02-11 04:46:19 UTC
Post by Doug Laidlaw
Frank Boykett was born in 1885 in Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Vic, the
son of William Hebbert Boykett and Margaret Hollioak. I can find no
marriage in Victoria for him.
I am told that he went to New Zealand, and was the ancestor of the N.Z.
Boyketts there. Is there any record of him?
As well as William Hebbert marrying Margaret Hollioak there is a Francis
King BOYKETT that also married a Hollioak:

BOYKETT, Francis King
Marriage
Spouse: HOLLIOAK, Mary Ann
Reg Year: 1883
Reg State: Victoria
Ref Number: 5072

And the following death is recorded as follows:

BOYKETT, Francis King
Death: 21 Aug 1959
Place: Karori, Wellington
Cemetery Transcript
New Zealand Society of Genealogists
Ref: NZCEMREC M02.12

Which logically indicates that William Hebbert and Francis King were related
(brothers?) both
marry Hollioak (sisters?)...........and maybe they are the BOYKETT that
settled NZ.

Good luck.

Mike.
Ian Westergaard
2006-02-11 07:57:37 UTC
Hi Doug

Francis King Boykett married Grace Marchant in 1912, folio 7433, Francis
died 21 Aug 1959 aged 74 and is buried in Karori Cemetery, Wellington. Grace
died 19 July 1958 aged 68 and is also buried in Karori Cemetery.

Ian Westergaard
In Cloudy & Warm Central Otago
New Zealand

Frank Boykett was born in 1885 in Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Vic, the
son of William Hebbert Boykett and Margaret Hollioak. I can find no
marriage in Victoria for him.
I am told that he went to New Zealand, and was the ancestor of the N.Z.
Boyketts there. Is there any record of him?
TIA,
Doug.
http://www.douglaidlaw.net/boykett/
Threaded archives